What Kind of Paper Products Can be Recycled?
· All colored and white paper
· Phone books
· Paperboard (e.g., cereal boxes)
· Newspaper (including color inserts)
· Mail (plastic windows allowed) - **all junk mail can be recycled**
· Wrapping paper
Things to remember:
· This is a mixed paper program; there isn’t much that shouldn’t be included (e.g., used napkins and paper plates)
· Staples do not have to be removed
· Crayon is okay
· Pizza boxes are fine as long as they aren’t too greasy. Please break them down a bit, as some of the collectors are “old school” and assume that the box is too greasy (they aren’t going to waste time to open the box and check). If the box looks like normal cardboard, it should be collected without problems.
Consider reuse of paper before it gets recycled (e.g., use the back side of any blank sheets). Also, check for other recycling options which can make money for local programs (e.g., PaperRetriever at schools and/or churches).
MassRecycle also has a webpage listing many examples of what paper/cardboard items can be recycled.