- MGL CH 140 SECT. 137 AND TOWN BY-LAWS CH.6.04 DOGS: A dog six months old or older shall be licensed yearly.
- CH.525, ACTS 1983 requires dog keepers to present a current rabies inoculation certificate before a dog can be licensed.
- The license is valid for one (1) year, January 1 to December 31, and must be renewed annually.
- The fee is $15.00 PER dog, if received on or before March 15th.
- LATE FEES:
If your dog(s) is not licensed on or before March 15th, the fee is increased to $20.00 per dog.
If your dog(s) is not licensed on or before July 1st, the fee is increased to $30.00 per dog.
If your dog(s) should have been licensed in the prior year, an additional overdue fine of $30.00
per dog is owed.
- You may license your dogs(s) by mail or at the Town Clerk’s Office, Town Hall.
- LEASH LAW: No owner or keeper of any dog shall permit such dog to be at large at any time.
- There is a fine for impoundment of dogs picked up “at large”.
- Copies of the Dog By-Laws are available on the Town’s Website or at the Town Clerk’s Office.